Saturday, May 28, 2005

Ziggy Scarf

Well, the purple scarf is done! Only took about six hours. I followed the pattern for the Dropped-Stitch scarf from Teen Knitting Club. Aside from it being geared for teens, the book is one of the best beginner's book that I've read. It's also spiral bound so it lays flat. I wish more knitting books are made this way. I've bought and returned it previously because my other books already covered the same material but it turned out to be pretty useful. The library is our friend. The pics and the project I made really inspired me to try more novelty yarns.
Dropped-stitch_scarf
The scarf was knitted on size 15 needles and I held together Plymouth Encore in purple and Sax in gold. The result looked like I accidentally smudged it with gold paint. A little glam, a little rock & roll, it would make Ziggy Stardust proud! Now to brainstorm how to gift wrap it.
Here's how far along the blossom scarf is.blossom_scarf1
I'm about half-way through and it will be a tad wider after it's blocked.
I've also picked up Teva Durham's Loop-d-Loop today. It's great how she writes about what inspired her for each project. The photos are gorgeous! I loved her pattern for the Lace Leaf Pullover that was also featured in the Summer 2005 issue of Interweave Knits so I find myself looking at a lot of green yarn lately. Guess the pullover is the next project after the bolero.

No comments: