Sunday, January 09, 2005

Lace Hard

With the cherry blossom scarf on hold, I decided to work on the Spiderweb capelet from Stitch 'N Bitch Nation. I went to my lys on Monday and got two skiens of Araucania Nature Wool in blue and some size 15 bamboo circs. The yarn is a nice variegated dark blue. I started working on it on Tuesday and I must say, I have a new found respect for lace knitters. I had to frog it twice because I kept losing my place on the purl one, drop one part. After getting to row 5, I decided to get some gold yarn to embellish the capelet when its done. Good thing I did! Turns out, I was knitting it wrong. Sue, the owner of the yarn shop noticed that I was dropping live stitches instead of the yarn overs. If it wasn't for her, I would have finished the project and then have it unravel on me. She also helped me pick out some really pretty gold yarn, Gatsby from Katia. Love the name! It has a nice subtle shimmer to it which was exactly what I was thinking of. I even picked it up when I first walked in the store.
After frogging the mess, I've now just finished row 8 and found I'm missing a stitch. Buggers! I decided to just knit the last two stitches. Hopefully it should work out.

No comments: