Saturday, January 22, 2005

Been outta town

I've been away the last couple of days because of a family emergency. I had to fly to North Carolina. While there, on Wednesday, it snowed! Strangely enough, snow is my only memory of the state up until now. My cousin said it hadn't snowed there for seven years so, yay! Downside was that we were stuck in traffic for more than four hours and my other cousin missed his flight.
My first day there, I did manage to get some yarn at this craft store called AC Moore. I was totally overwelmed by the aisles of yarn and tools. Then was dumbstruck by a wall of the stuff. Eventually, I ended up buying a skein of Chunky Araucania Nature Wool in a light violet and four balls of some low end "Cashmere Luxury" Aran. The content is similar to Debbie Bliss Cashmerino but the quality isn't as high. I got a ball each of navy and grey for a hat for the bro and two of purple. Also got some better stitch holders and more point protectors.
While on the plane to and from, I started another Marsan watchcap from redlipstick.net with some turquoise Cashmerino Aran I exchanged the extra Nature Wool for. The last watchcap I made was a little short so I'm going to knit a couple more rounds for the body.

No comments: