Monday, January 19, 2009

Vintage Shopping

Hope everyone is having a great new year! After getting some great resolutions advice from DeviousV, I'm giving last year's resolution another go. So this year, I plan to wear a dress once a month. Now for everyone who knows me, I wear pants and denim ALL the time. But I also love buying dresses. Sadly, they just stay in my closet until a special occasion arises. It's not really fair for all those pretty frocks. So I celebrated New Years Eve by watching Twilight with Acornbud and her son while wearing a dress. The movie was a little mushy and the special effects of the male lead running was a little ackward but I really like the baseball scene.
This Friday, I went vintage shopping with The Squirrel at an actual vintage clothing store. Yes, a vintage store. Cloth just opened up in Honolulu and I couldn't be more excited! The owner, Micah, is an avid vintage collector and her adorable shop is stocked with the cutest mod and hippie clothing for women and men. The Squirrel got an African print dress that look like it was made for her and I found this amazing silver mod dress. It was a little too big but fortunately, free alterations are included with the price. Cloth is located at 909 Kapi'olani Blvd.
In knitting news, I'm putting the finishing touches on a scarf for The Squirrel that has a mushroom on one end and a squirrel (of course!) on the other. Hopefully I can get her to model it when it's done.

2 comments:

Opal said...

i say you wear that one dress a month to an aloha knitters meeting. only check with me first as i really want to see you in it! :-D

Acornbud said...

And I vouch for the fact thatit was a very well put together ensemble!