Monday, July 31, 2006

New Knitpicks yarn

Knitpicks came out with some new yarn! I've been waiting for them to come out with a superwash yarn for a while. I have to try out the Swish Superwash. I see a lot of dark navy yarn in the near future.
I've knitted and frogged the hat three times now. The first one was too small and when I showed it to k at the meeting, I found out it's supposed to be knitted in one piece. Ooops. I really should have read the original pattern all the way through before starting. The second time, it was too big after switching to larger neadles and the third time the skull chart was too stretched out horizontally. Now I'm just freehanding the design, using the chart just for reference. I'm halfway through the skull, then its a whole lot of stockinette.

No comments: